BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 16 August 2010

So much to do in New York...

It’s Sunday evening.  Joshie is out and Justin and I are just chilling in our room trying to recoup energy for the week ahead.  Now, I’m going to tell you about Saturday… Not much happened on Saturday, here, let me tell you about Saturday.

We slept in.  Josh (in an amazing twist) was awake and showered first.  Justin and I slept in until about midday, raising sleepy eyebrows at Josh’s perky “Morning!” 

The boys headed to the local café for breakfast, while I opted to stay in and write.  I had Josh bring me back a bagel with cream cheese.  Sesame seed this time.  So good.  I may be developing a dangerous addiction.

Some Mariah Carey Christmas tunes and YouTube vids of Kristen Chenoweth later, we went into Times Square to buy tickets to the 6:00pm session Scott Pilgrim.  Good movie, see it.  Last week, at home, I went to see Inception with Kaitlin at Garden City and we had Malteasers and popcorn.  This week, (at a maze of a Cineplex with 25 cinemas), my movie snacks of choice were peanut butter M&Ms and Twizzlers.

After the movie, we had dinner at L’Allegria on the corner of 43rd and 8th. The cute, presumably, owner of the restaurant showed us the “Very Very Special Menu”, which he designed specifically for the poor economy.  All pasta $10. I had linguini Bolognese and we shared a pretty good bottle of Pinot Noir.


After dinner we walked along the Hudson… It had a unique vibe.  To the right, lights glistened on the water and boats full of celebratory revellers cruised past.  To the left, homeless people sleeping on park benches.  One part of me wanted to breathe deeply and sigh happily the way I might on a moonlit beach walk at home, mostly though, I just felt a bit sad.  We walked to Chelsea Pier. The blue and green pylons reminded me of Underwater World at Mooloolaba, but bigger and with more sports, (ice skating, gymnasium, driving rage, ten pin bowling, skate park), and no aquarium.  We kept on into the West Village before finding a subway station and heading home.


Stay tuned for more…

Love, Jules xx

0 comments: