BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday 9 October 2010

London calling...

Back to blogging! Apologies for my hiatus, it’s been quite a month (and a bit), but I’m here sitting in my very own bedroom in East Finchley, North London and ready to write again.  Let me give you a brief run down of my last two days in New York before we carry on...

Our last two days comprised of an awful lot of walking, shopping, and eating.  We saw Next To Normal with Marin Mazzie. What an incredible show. Such an emotional experience.  I wouldn’t have complained if there’d been one scene in the second act to give me a brief respite from sobbing (also allowing me to wipe the mascara off my cheeks), but it’s a small criticism. 

On our last day we went to MoMA and to the top of the Rockefeller Centre. You can get a combined pass and it’s well worth it!  We had been warned off scaling the Empire State Building on more than one occasion due to cost and crowds, and besides, if you go to the top of the Empire State Building you can’t see the Empire State Building… And it’s a fairly impressive view!

I had my last dinner at our local Thai restaurant and spent the evening cramming things into my suitcase and chatting with Josh.  After little-to-no sleep, I jumped a 4am cab to the airport, bid a fond farewell to the city of New York, and made my way to London (via Chicago).
Just briefly, avoid flying American Airlines where possible.

That said, I made it to London safe and sound.  The next month was a blur of job hunting, auditions, dinners, drinks, house hunting, a terrible cough, Christmas carols, bad hair days, good hair days, markets, shopping at Primark, and general revelry!

And now here I am. In our house (although part of first floor is still a building site) and employed to teach six singing classes (although they’re all on one day, so a couple of days working elsewhere wouldn’t be bad for my sanity! Anyway, I’m working on it).

I have seen Caroline O’Connor’s cabaret -The Showgirl Within, the 25th Anniversary concert of Les Miserables at the O2 Arena, and Deathtrap.  All of these, for their own reasons, rate with some of my favourite theatrical experiences.  Les Mis in particular.  I still can’t quite believe that I was there.  They were spontaneous musical theatre tears, the likes of which, I’ve never known.

So, I’m here.  London is my home for the time being.  So far my days have ranged from intensely frustrating, to some of the best ever… Real life. Stay tuned for semi-regular updates of life in this city.

Sending some (long overdue) love back to you at home, Jules xx


PS. I promise, there will be pictures as soon as I have faster Internet! 

0 comments: